EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2020- CHANGES TO LICENSING LAW
- Subcontractors of Properly Licensed Contractors will be able to work with a Registration instead of a full license.
- Licensed Contractors will have the option of providing a bond instead of the currently required financial statement.
- It will be a Class “A” misdemeanor to work without a license where one is required.
- Temporary Licenses are now available in limited circumstances.
- Enhanced criminal background checks.
COVID 19 NOTICE
During Phase 2 of the Covid 19 crisis, our lobby is open to the public; however, anyone entering our facility will be required to pass COVID19 screening guidelines as posted on our door.
Please email any questions to email@example.com or contact us at 501-372-4661.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION- LICENSE RENEWALS
BEGINNING FEBRUARY 2020
A Postcard will be mailed notifying contractors when its time to renew their license. The license can be renewed online (under "Renew a license") or by paper renewal. After receiving the postcard, if you would like to renew by paper, email us at Contractors.Licensing.Board@arkansas.gov or by phone at 501-372-4661.
Welcome to the Arkansas Contractors Licensing Board. The Contractors Licensing Board was created in 1939 to protect the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of Arkansas. The Residential Committee was created in 1999 to license the builders of new homes in Arkansas to further protect the health, safety and welfare of Arkansans.
The Licensing Board and the Residential Committee establish minimum standards for licensed contractors that include experience in the construction industry, business skills and financial stability. The construction industry is a vital part of the Arkansas economy and is a driving force in the creation of jobs in our State.
We at the Contractors Licensing Board are proud of our roll in this vibrant and important aspect of the lives of our fellow citizens of Arkansas.